Monday, October 17, 2011

Fribourg Switzerland

Fribourg is a quaint little town in Switzerland with old world charm. We were only there for 36 hours, so once the sun peaked out we walked the streets to discover a midevil cathedral, Saint Nicholas. The stairs to the top are open through one of the towers. The never ending stairs are tight and winding. My friend couldn't even make it to the top, the narrow stairs encased in stone were too much for him. I imagined myself carrying a flame torch from the year 1200 and continued on.
And finally, after about 400 stairs, I made it to the top! The 360 sights below paint the picture of a quiet Swiss village during automn; clean, safe and full of wealth.
But what's most interesting of all is when you walk through the streets, you find modern living that blends so seamlessly into the historic fabric of the town. Restraunts, bars, cinemas, delicious bakeries with modern art cakes, and even graphetti artists remind you that you're still in the 21st Century.

1 comment:

  1. Julie, I love your blog, such great photos, wish I was pretending to carry a huge flame up all the stairs with you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete