Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bombay knows how to party

I don't go out much here during the day. Mostly because of the rains or the super hot humidity. But I do venture out most nights and have found the same thing time and time again. Bombay knows how to party!

I learned the hard way that wearing shorts in the street in a no-no. But in the clubs, anything goes. Suddenly I feel transported back to the states, the music's pumping and the drinks are flowing. Luckily everyone has drivers and the taxis are abundant. But perhaps better than the clubs are the after parties.

Many an after party has ended on the rooftop of a high-rise with an amazing view of the city. The night winds are so pleasant and Bombay seems much more glamourous from above. This is a new India, where the youth of the nation just want to have a good time. Their parents don't understand them and times they are changing. I've been told that India is like 1950s America, and I believe it. I can feel the 60s coming. I predict a sexual revolution in India's near future. After all, that's what happens when the youth start dancing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment