Thursday, September 29, 2011

London Underground

I've really enjoyed my time here in London, despite the fact that I've been working most of the time. Today I had a free day to explore the city and found it to be incredibly charming. Royalty is infused into every nook and cranny, from the street names to the actual palaces. The tube is an amazing way to get around, but you feel more like a peasant than royalty as you sweat alongside the throngs of passengers.
I was invited to a book launch party that had old London charm. One bar was dedicated to Ether cocktails, while another was dubbed "Curious Concoctions." The amazingly delicious drinks were served in tea cups. Very classy indeed! There were live snakes and even a horse cameo. Everyone was absolutely charming and it made me feel right at home in this dynamic city.
I hope to return soon so that I can explore London further~

No comments:

Post a Comment