Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Brew City

I'm delighted to be back to Wisconsin, even more so because the weather has been perfect. One of my favorite things about this place is all of the amazingly delicious local micro brews. There's light beers, full body ales, darks and bitters and we're already seeing seasonal batches like pumpkin spice.
Although I usually stay pretty close to my Milwaukee turf, my sister and I cruised a few hours north to Door County. This quaint area is full of adorable antique shops, cafes, wine and beer tastings. We thought we'd get a little wrecked at Shipwrecked, a cute cafe off the lake. While my sister preferred the darker ales, blondes are always my favorite, and neither of us cared much for the seasonal pumpkin.
We tried to walk off our typicaly heavy Wisconsin lunch as the afternoon settled. The small lake pier was peaceful and made me feel happy to be home. Now I just have to work off this little beer gut I've naturally acquired...

No comments:

Post a Comment