Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Party Hopping LA Style

Spring is in the air and in LA, that means lots of parties! Some Saturdays offer so many things to do that you have to choose and make a game plan that maximizes your precious weekend! Last weekend was no exception and my friends and I were able to narrow the choice down to three parties. Of course, the parties are all over town and offer different landscapes, so there is much to consider when partying hard!

1. Clothes: When you're day goes from pool party to birthday party to evening party, and there's no time to stop home to change, layers is always a good rule of thumb. The weather has been on and off, so I started the day with shorts and a tank top, brought a light cover up for the afternoon and brought a change of jeans and a jacket for the evening. A fun sun hat also helped keep me cool during the day and was easy to ditch later!
2. Driving: When choosing which parties to attend, location becomes a factor. We maximized our day by making a big loop around the city: Hancock Park to Santa Monica to Beverly Hills. The start times worked out perfectly and we didn't lose much time traveling. The big issue is really designated driver! Gotta have one or else you'll be dead before you make it to party #2!

3. Drinking: Even if you're not the designated driver, it's a good idea to pace yourself. If you drink too much too soon, you won't make it to all the events and even if you do, you will be a hot mess! I had three light drinks at the pool party, drank lots of water at the second party and then switched to beer at the final party. This way not only did I have the longevity to have fun all day and all night, but I was also able to make my Sunday productive with hiking and yoga. Although I do not always take my own advice, it seems party hopping makes me remember this precious rule!

4. Have fun! Come on, there can't be too many rules for party hopping! Enjoy each place and don't worry about keeping a tight time table to make it to the next one. If you're not in the moment and you're just chasing the next event, don't even bother! Have fun, stay safe, and party LA style!

No comments:

Post a Comment