Thursday, November 3, 2011

How to do an Absinth Shot

I recently got schooled on the proper way to do an Absinth shot and I'm excited to pull out this new fun trick at a party someday. It took some trial and error, but I finally got it. Give it a try, it's fun!

Step 1: Place a bent fork over an empty shot glass. Add a sugar cube to the top and slowly pour the Absinth on top of the sugar cube.

Step 2: Light the sugar cube on fire. Try not to get the fire inside the glass, otherwise it will get very hot.

Step 3: Once the sugar is properly melted, dump it into the glass. Try to keep it on fire and try not to burn the rest of the house down. If it goes out, relight it.

Step 4: Slam your hand over the fiery glass to create a suction cup. This works best with the meaty part of your palm. The glass will stick so you can shake it up a few times.

Step 5: Pop the glass off your hand and slam it back! Bonus points for the best victory dance~
This may sound easy, but it's kind of tricky so practice at home first. The more times you do it, the better (and drunker) you'll get!

1 comment:

  1. Love this video Julie! I adore the music that is playing! I wish I was there, I love absinthe! I also dig his victory dance haha can't wait to visit <3

    ReplyDelete