Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Concert Review: Hanson in Paris

It's always good to get a taste of home when you're away so I was excited to see that Hanson was coming to Paris. The venue was right downstairs from where I stay so there was no way I was going to miss the show~

Fans were lined up at 6am! I think they slept there. I was happy to see that Hanson kept a following here, but I will never understand why, or how, people can be that die hard. I, on the other hand, peeked from my window all day and when the line was inside, I walked right in.
It felt like I was meeting an old friend. Hanson always seems to sing the soundtrack of my life. Early in the show "Been There Before" brought me back to the old days in Milwaukee.
On a block I live on in the place I'm from.
"Hey" shines light on all my years in Hollywood, a time and place I've had some distance from to gain new perspective on it. When I'm making my movie, you keep saying all my lines.
"Strong Enough to Break" resonates with the constant struggles of everyday life that I inevitably face, even in France! Just a figure in a big monopoly game. The struggle is the price you pay. You get just enough just to give it away.
They reminded me once again that fear has got to go "This Time Around."

They really show their range throughout the show by riding the waves of duality, feeling good with "Crazy Beautiful" while soon after addressing the stresses of keeping relationships strong in "Go." They ended on a bit of a shallow note with "In the City" but the Parisians seemed to really like it.

Throughout the show Hanson spoke entirely in English. I wondered how many people understood what they were saying because even when I speak French they try to act like they don't understand. Props to Issac for a few Merci Beaucoups. Taylor rocked the french flag at the end which was another nice little touch. The crowd was overall pretty hype and it was fun to see such an American band rocking Paris. Shout it Out!

For tickets to the Shout It Out Tour visit http://www.hanson.net/site/sections/22

3 comments:

  1. Nice review of the concert. Thanks :)Hanson in Paris must be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your review, it's nice to have your point of view. And yeah, we're kind of masochists to arrive so early but it's like a ritual, and we like to spent the whole day meeting some other fans ;)
    The show was really great (but yeah, I think that lots of people didn't understand what they were saying, especially because they speak very fast!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice review! Their songs are very simple, I like that. I am not a fan, I was there for my sister. The Parisians were very funny and dancing like a big party. Meiko is also a smart little singer :)

    ReplyDelete