Saturday, August 20, 2011

A new side of LA

It's great to be back in LA. I immediately went into the same hectic, frenzied schedule than when I left the city only a few months ago. The only major difference is that I no longer own a car...

In the six years I've lived here, I've never tried the public transportation. It's not like New York where everyone takes the subway. But I hate bumming too much off friends so I decided to give it a try. I was a little skeptical but I'm no sissy girl!

The first leg of the trip involved the subway, which I always thought was practically non-existent. It actually goes to pretty many places. It was easy to use and my purse didn't get stolen. I chatted up a visiting Brit and before I knew it, I was already half-way across town.

The second leg of the journey involved the bus. I had lower expectations for this, but it really wasn't bad. No creepers in sight and I found myself now chatting with a visitor from Ireland. Maybe being a tourist in the city isn't so bad afterall. Purse still in hand, I made it to my destination feeling elated from my fun little LA adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment