Monday, July 25, 2011

Gotta Go to Goa!

I've heard so many stories about the hippie beach town of Goa, so I knew I had to stop there while I'm in India. I was only there for a weekend, but it's safe to say those few days were the most enjoyable of all my time here. The beaches are beautiful, the local culture is rich and the party vibe of the beach shacks made me feel right home.
 Everyone kept telling me I have to go to Curlie's beach shack in particular. I was determined to find it, but it proved pretty difficult. The streets of Anjuna Beach are narrow, bumpy and not lit at all, but a dozen u-turns later, we found the Curlie's parking. From there, we set out on foot, navigating our way through a dark trail of dense palm trees. Stepping right in a giant puddle of mud only added to the adventure and reminded me how damn clumsy I can be sometimes.
When we finally walked into Curlie's (after cleaning my feet in the sea) it was like finding that elusive oasis. This place had everything we could ever want. A chill smoking session lounge room, a crazy dance floor full of interesting characters, relaxing beach chairs, expats from all over the world, and munchies galore.
The people watching was out of this world! Party people from all over the world come and get super fucked up, offering hours of entertainment and interesting conversations. If you're ever in India, you gotta go to Goa. And find Curlie's. You'll be glad you did~


No comments:

Post a Comment