Friday, November 2, 2012

Zurich for a Day

I had an unexpected stop in Zurich due to a delayed flight, so I was excited to explore a new city. I've been to Switzerland twice, but never to Zurich, and I had exactly 24 hours. So I hopped on Google and pinpointed the "downtown" area with lots of things to see in a concentrated place. I got a map from concierge and set out by foot. My hotel was not near the town center, but the trams in Zurich make it super easy to get around, so this city gets tops points for public transportation! Within 15 minutes, I was in the center checking out the rich architecture, gorgeous clock towers and churches, and the serene lake. But honestly, the most fun I had was window shopping! This city boasts the best shopping I've seen in a while. Definitely a destination I'd love to come back to~
Note: Switzerland is not on the Euro, they use Swiss Francs. So you have to do a money exchange when coming from neighboring countries. Lucky for me, this trip was all-expenses paid due to my delayed flight. I really love Swiss Air and I suggest traveling with them whenever possible! They really take care of passengers.

No comments:

Post a Comment