Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Milwaukee's Best

I traveled to my hometown of Milwaukee after not being there for 10 months. This last trip was so much fun and proved that this city is so dynamic in the summer time. I was bummed to have missed Summerfest, a huge two-week long music festival on the lake. But I realized that its just one of the many great summer time events in the city. There are so many multicultural events on the lakefront that offer music, drinks, and delicious food (I heard calories don't count on vacations). Click the link below for a list of events Milwaukee has to offer, no matter what summer weekend you plan to visit. From German Fest to Italian Fest to a more direct Beer Fest, there's something for everyone!

http://milwaukee.about.com/od/festivalsevents/a/MilwaukeeFests.htm

Since this is my hometown, it was easier for me to venture into farther lands, such as Port Washington. This  little town is so adorable, it's a perfect slice of Americana and reminds me of a postcard. Their main event is called Fish Day and rivals Milwaukee's larger festivals. People come into town in droves for fresh fish fry, fried cheese (my favorite), music, and beer beer beer! This usually quiet town is transformed with the friendliest drunken crowds I ever encountered. Complete with a U2 cover band, fireworks, and parties til 3am, I had a blast and will definitely come back again next year!
Planning of trip to Milwaukee in the winter? Might want to rethink that unless you love cold, snowy weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment