Thursday, March 22, 2012

Redwood Forest

The last stop on our Bay area adventure was to the Muir Redwood Forest. It's about an hour away from Napa and San Francisco so it's very convenient if you're in the area. I've always wanted to see these majestically amazing trees and I was really glad I did. It's important to plan a trip before these forests are gone, due to logging and commercial industries we already sadly lost such a large portion. How anyone could even cut through one of these trees is beyond me, they are so huge around and so tall! Some of the largest are over 350 feet tall and 2 feet thick around! Some of the sequoias are known to have lived before Christ and the serenity that can be found here is unparallelled. 
We are so small amongst the redwoods, it really puts everything into perspective. You can walk through some split trees and can choose from a wide variety of hikes. I could have spent days here and surely want to return to explore more. On the way out, I went searching for four leaf clovers. I didn't find one, but still consider myself lucky because I was able to renew my spirit in this magnificent place.
Some important things to note: It's often foggy in this area, so remember to wear layers. Parking is free, but entrance to the park is $7 per person, so bring money! Yes, even nature isn't free anymore. They do accept credit cards which makes it easier. Hopefully the money goes to preserving this remarkable forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment