Sunday, January 1, 2012

Lost and Found

As my traveling comes to an end and I head back to LA to start my life anew, I feel such mixed emotions. I feel a bit lost as I face the inevitable struggles of piecing a stable life back together. I feel the loss of many things I once had but now do not.

I lost a secure job and therefore lost a lot of money when I decided to go chasing my dreams across the Atlantic. I lost my wonderful Hollywood apartment and I gave away everything inside except my clothes. I sold my car. I lost my iphone in the streets of Paris. I randomly lost a swimsuit top. I lost my sense of home.

But I found a lot of things too. I found new friends in new places. I found a million new experiences. I found new knowledge of the world. I found out a lot about myself that I didn't know before.

Sooner than later, I'll find a job, apartment, car and all the things that make a home. But this time it will be better than the last because of who I have become by rummaging through the lost and found.


No comments:

Post a Comment